Thursday, February 19, 2009

22

I was staring at my birth certificate awhile ago. And i just noticed how I’m getting old everyday. Yay! I’m already 22. And haven’t done so much in my life. I feel like I’m deteriorating every second that I’m here on Earth. I feel that what I’ve done so far is not enough to make me reach what I was aiming for originally. And now, I’m getting frustrated. At first, I’ve always imagined myself getting married at this age. Simply because, my mom got married at a young age and thought that I should do the same. Also, dreamt of being an architect with a high paying job and has the ability to buy whatever I want.

Sadly, reality confronted me and struck me real hard. I did not finished college on time. I was suppose to graduate at the age of 20. I just had to make the biggest U turn of my life.

I’ve always thought that I’d be someone who’d do good for the community. Who’d be one of the greatest architects (girl) here in my hometown. Someone who could travel and not be afraid to take risks.

But, I had to grow up so fast. At the age of 18, I took care of my whole family. There was a bit of regret. A bit of sadness. But all in all, it was a learning experience. I was able to make life easier for my siblings.

Now at 22, I’m not sure what I want. I’m not even sure what I will be.

Time flies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment