Sunday, February 22, 2009
I was so shocked to hear that my 21 year old friend is pregnant and is forced to get married with her boyfriend. They had a public confession this afternoon in our church. I have never imagined her in thits situation. I've always known her as a demure lass. She was always prim and proper, smart and very focused with her studies. We've known each other since we were kids, about 7 or 8 years old, since we go to the same church. After hearing the news, I was devastated. I couldn't picture her small statuesque body could bear an infant. What's worse, she doesn't have a job, she's not financially stable, she's the eldest in the family, has just graduated from college (FYI: A Nursing Grad) and has not taken the board exams yet.
This is not the first time I've heard about unwanted pregnancy or pregnancy at an early age. But this is the first time that the person involve is someone dear to me. I feel naive on what is going on with the world. Though I can't say that I'm not capable of doing such act. But then again, there is what we call contraceptives. And you have to be aware of what your partner is doing as well.
Apparently they didn't. I wanted to say I pity her because she's in a situation where she's not ready at all. But she wanted this to happen. She let a bomb explode in front of her, she never took cover or even tried to run away from it. The only thing I'm happy about is that she never opted for abortion. Which another sin. I'm just praying that this will serve a lesson. Not just to me, but to all women.
Yay. Talk about pep talk.







