Thursday, April 30, 2009
I wonder why beauty is such a want these days? Everywhere you look you'd see commercials and advertisements about products, food, and even technology that can enhance your beauty or make you beautiful. I don't have anything against beautiful people, it's just, the more they advertise and commend beauty, the more pressure they put on those people who doesn't really have what it takes.
If you look at young people right now, everybody is trying to fit in. Buying expensive clothes, putting make up on, trying to go to the gym and even more. Of course we would want to look presentable, that's already given. Even I want to look presentable in other people's eyes, but isn't making sure that your clean is enough? Why make a big fuss about what outfit to wear, what shoes to match your clothes, what make up to put on, do I wear my hair down or wear it with a ponytail, what cologne to use. Isn't that stressful? Sometimes, when I'm at the mall, I can't help but think how sorry I am for those who tries so hard.
You can't really blame these kids, these people. Sometimes, it's the media's fault for exposing too much beauty to the world. Like, in order for you to win a contest, if you didn't have the talent, then definitely you should have the face that can launch a thousand ships, or something like that. A face that can sell millions. Or if you want to be an actor/actress, you have to have that face that can make people empathize as they watch your shows or movies, if not, you'll end up being a comedienne that tries to have his head held high. Nonetheless, you still get laughed at.
I'm not sure if its just me.. or maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm just pressured, exhausted. Trying to fit in. Even if I know I'm far from that...







